What Should You Do After Being Hurt on an Electric Scooter in Orlando?
Electric scooters have popped up in cities and on campuses all across the Sunshine State in recent years. Not only are electric scooters an excellent way for Florida’s tourists to go from one attraction to the next, but they are also a great way for citizens to travel in a more eco-friendly way from one destination to the next. While they may be fun to ride, electric scooters also can be dangerous to riders.
The Umansky Law Firm is an award-winning law firm in Orlando, Florida, with experience helping victims of electric scooter accidents. If an accident does occur, there are steps you should take after being hurt on an electric scooter in Orlando.
What to Do After an Electric Scooter Accident in Orlando
Electric scooters are a great way to transport yourself from one place to the next, but accidents happen. If you are involved in an electric scooter accident in Orlando, the following steps may be helpful:
- Call emergency services
- Check yourself for serious injuries
- Get checked out by emergency medical treaters (EMT)
- Take photos of the accident scene, any damage to the scooter, and any visible injuries
- Get the contact information of any witnesses who approach you
- Get the contact and insurance information from the driver if there was one involved
- Give your statement for the police report
In addition to these steps, you should follow up with a doctor for any needed medical treatment if necessary. Additionally, you should consider contacting an experienced Orlando scooter accident lawyer to help you build a strong injury claim.
Common Electric Scooter Accident Injuries
Electric scooter accidents may be more dangerous than one would assume. Electric scooter accidents may even be fatal, especially when the accident involves a car. Common electric scooter accident injuries include:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Cuts, bruises, or lacerations
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
- Back, neck, or spine injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
No matter how minor or severe your injuries may be, you deserve to be compensated if you have suffered losses due to an electric scooter accident.
Damages You May Collect After an Electric Scooter Accident
After being involved in an electric scooter accident, you may be left with extensive injuries that alter your quality of life. If you have suffered losses due to the accident, you may be entitled to the following damages:
- Medical expenses: After suffering an injury, a victim may have medical bills piling up and should be compensated as a result.
- Lost wages: Due to a victim’s injuries, they may be unable to work, causing them to miss out on pay.
- Property damages: While the victim may not own the scooter, other property they have with them at the time of the accident may be damaged. Some examples of property damage a victim may be compensated for include laptops, cell phones, sunglasses, etc.
- Pain and suffering: A victim may suffer physical, mental, and emotional pain following an accident and should be compensated accordingly.
- Lost earning potential: If a victim’s injuries leave them disabled or with chronic pain, they may be unable to work as they did before. As a result, they may not make the money they did before the accident left them injured.
An experienced electric scooter accident attorney may be able to help you understand what damages you may be eligible to receive.
Partner With an Orlando Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer
Electric scooters have increased in popularity as a way to get around in the palm tree-studded streets of Orlando, but how safe are they? Electric scooters are prone to accidents that leave victims with damaging injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving an electric scooter, you may want to reach out to an electric scooter accident lawyer.
The Umansky Law Firm has extensive experience helping victims of electric scooters in Orlando, Florida. We are proud to provide our clients with the award-winning and unique representation they deserve. Schedule a free case review here or call our office.